Camping requires a lot of prep work and checklists to ensure you have all your essentials packed and accounted for. From sunscreen and bug spray to camp chairs and fire starters, there are a lot of things to remember. While you think you may have your head wrapped around what to pack, we have a list of nice-to-haves that you may not have thought about.
Check it out:
1. Pre-prepped meals. Think beyond sandwiches. Try pre-scrambled eggs or breakfast burritos, pre-made pancakes or waffles, freezer soup (yum, chili!) and foil meals (nachos, enchiladas and pulled pork are a few easy favorites).
2. Solar lights. Head to your local Dollar Store and grab a bunch of solar lights to stake into the ground. Around your tent, around the picnic table, and maybe a path to the bathroom. That way, there is no fumbling in the dark for a flashlight or tripping over a tent stake (ouch!).
3. Waterproof shoes. From hikes and muddy treks to rainy nights and shower shoes, be prepared for the worst with water-proof, fast drying shoes. We recommend Keens as they're comfortable, secure and function as walking shoes.
4. Welcome or rag mat. There is nothing worse than tracking in debris, mud and grass into your clean tent or camper. Put out a rag mat to have everyone brush off their shoes (better yet, have everyone take off their shoes) upon entering.
5. Clothes line & pins. Not for laundry, but for drying wet clothes and towels. Don't put stinky, wet items into the tent. Hang on fishing line, a tree limb or cord, dry and reuse for ease.
And (shameless plug), please don't forget your Bug Soother bug spray and Eco Lips. We offer a Zinc SPF 15 to prevent your lips from getting burnt - a must-have for every camper in the hot sun.
SHOP NOW: www.ecolips.com/collections
Let's take a walk through our various lines and find the right lip balm for you!