Welcome to Eco Lips, Inc. We are sensitive to your concerns about how we may use and share personal information that we collect from you through our online store, e-newsletters, social media, re-marketing, tracking and cookies. We recognize and respect the importance of maintaining the privacy of our visitors and members and have established this Privacy & Spam Policy statement as a result. By using Eco Lips, Inc.'s website and supported platforms, you are accepting the current practices described in this Privacy & Spam Policy. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our policies, please send an email to email@example.com.
Privacy Notice for California Residents
(California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA))
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is a new law taking effect in 2020. This Privacy Notice for California Residents applies solely to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California.
1. Information We Collect
Our website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information“). In particular, our website has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||
A name, address, telephone number
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
|D. Commercial information.||Records of products purchased, obtained, or considered||YES|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location||YES|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO|
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website.
2. Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collect for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
3. Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Data Aggregators.
4. Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we’ve collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we’ve collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we’ve collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 866-326-5477
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we’ve collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name, birthday, phone number, or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit personal information to Eco Lips, Inc. by leaving a comment, taking a survey, subscribing to a newsletter or submitting a contact form. In addition, upon making certain purchases described herein, we may ask you to create a user profile, which would allow you to create a username and password. We will store the username, but your password will not be visible in our records. We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings. If you have received unwanted or unsolicited email sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, please forward a copy of that email along with your comments to email@example.com
To enjoy our website, Eco Lips, Inc. does not require anyone to share personal information about themselves. You can visit our site, and make an online purchase without registering with us. When you make a purchase from the Eco Lips, Inc. web store, we will require personal information to complete your purchase and ship your order. We will ask for your name, address, phone number and a valid email address. We will not use the personal information you give us for anything except what we described above. You have the option to opt-out of receiving a newsletter from Eco Lips,, Inc. and you may review your personal information at any time by clicking the My Account feature.
We have numerous security provisions and features in place to protect customer orders, credit cards, and personal information, including:
- Our domain has an SSL certificate
- Our website is certified Level 1 PCI DSS complaints
- Account Login
If you decide to set up an account with Eco Lips, Inc. we will ask you to create a login name and a password. We will keep all information about your purchases even after your order has shipped. You can review your online account at any time without making a purchase. If you have not set up an online account with us, or if you have any questions about our online privacy policies or information we have stored about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access Eco Lips, Inc. For example, when you use Eco Lips, Inc., we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using Eco Lips, Inc., such as links clicked.
Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by Eco Lips, Inc. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the website. At any time, you may prevent the setting of cookies by the website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of Eco Lips, Inc. may be entirely usable.
The following list includes examples of specific ways we collect personal information from our website visitors and the type of information collected:
- E-Newsletter: To register online for our electronic newsletters, we request the following required information: name and email address. Phone number is optional should you want to receive SMS marketing. The provision of an email address is mandatory in order to receive our newsletter.
- Contact Forms: To contact Eco Lips, Inc. for the purposes of evaluating or engaging our services or to answer your questions, we utilize numerous forms throughout our site. Required information varies depending on the form and at most includes name and email address. The provision of this information is mandatory in order to receive a response from Eco Lips, Inc. The provision of the remaining information requested on the registration form is optional.
- Online Purchases: When you purchase a product from Eco Lips, Inc., we may utilize a third-party online shopping system, which is described more fully below. To process your payment, certain standard required information includes address and credit card information. Transactions are secured via SSL encryption and credit card details will never be emailed. Credit information is purged from our systems on a regular basis.
Does Eco Lips, Inc. share my information?
Eco Lips, Inc. will not share or sell your personally identifiable information with third-parties. We may, however, share your information with third-parties when we are authorized to share such information.
- Tracking: Eco Lips, Inc. uses various marketing tools that help us create a better user experience for people visiting our site. These tools allow us to look at aggregated data such as scrolling patterns, clicks, and allow us to run tests to determine which pages result in the best actions. However, your personally identifiable information is not used by any of these tools.
- Re-marketing: Eco Lips, Inc. uses re-marketing tracking cookies and conversion pixels from vendors such as Google and Facebook to present special offers to you for our products or services over the Google Content Network and via social networks. This means you may see an ad for one of our products or services as a result of visiting our website. In addition, Eco Lips, Inc. uses custom audiences based on emails and phone numbers of subscribers and customers. This allows us to present special offers for our products and services to you via Facebook and Google. However, your personally identifiable information is not used by any re-marketing service other than to present you special offers from us.
- Newsletters: Eco Lips, Inc. uses Klaviyo as its email & SMS service provider. Klaviyo collects contact information, distributes our newsletter, and tracks actions you take that assist us in measuring the performance of the website and newsletters. Upon subscription, Klaviyo also tracks the pages you visit on the website. If you become a customer, information about the products you purchase is passed into Klaviyo. Our newsletters contain tracking pixels. This pixel is embedded in emails and allows us to analyze the success of our newsletters. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email, which links within the email you click, and the pages you visit on our website. This behavior is not passed to third-parties. All data submitted at the time of subscription to our newsletter is stored on Klaviyo’s servers. At any time, you may be removed from our newsletter list by clicking on the unsubscribe button provided in each email.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Publicly visible information
If you create a user profile on Eco Lips, Inc. or leave a comment on Eco Lips, Inc, certain information may be publicly visible.
Eco Lips, Inc. is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our website, subscribers to our newsletters, and those providing contact information. In addition, Eco Lips, Inc. is opposed to unauthorized commercial email delivery, otherwise known as spam. Please read the Spam Policy to understand how your personal information is treated. From time to time, Eco Lips, Inc. may offer new information or services that may affect this policy.
What if there are changes to the privacy, spam and security policies?
If we change our Privacy and Spam Policy, we will post those changes on our privacy page at ecolips.com/pages/privacy-policy
How we protect your privacy
We use appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of data. Your information is only available to employees and service providers directly involved with providing you with the types of email communication you requested when you subscribed to our email list. We will never share, sell, or rent your information with any person, company or organization for their promotional use without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law.
Eco Lips, Inc. is strongly opposed to spam. We will only send email or text messages to users that have explicitly requested to receive an email or SMS marketing from Eco Lips, Inc. Examples may include:
- Opt-in subscribers to the Eco Lips, Inc.
- Users that complete a contact form
- All communication will be related and relevant to what you have requested
We may disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on our site.