Make sure you and your biking buddies are fully prepared for your ride with:
- WATER – Hydration is the most important element when you’re being active. Stay hydrated to avoid cramping, lightheadedness and lack of energy. And nothing feels quite as good as cool water on a hot day.
- Healthy Snacks – Refuel your body so you can go the distance. Bring an apple or a granola bar to give your body more energy to push forward on your ride.
- A HELMET – Helmets don’t just need to be worn by children. Head injuries are a serious concern while biking, especially when going on steep or rugged bike trails. Protect your head, you’ll be happy you did.
- Sunglasses – Take the strain off of your eyes with a good pair of sunglasses
- Lip Balm – With drying factors like the sun, loose gravel and dirt, and wind, your lips are bound to get dry and chapped. Bring a moisturizing lip balm along, specifically one with SPF to prevent sunburn on your lips.
With these 5 items, you can have a great and fulfilling bike ride through the mountains, along the beach, or just on your favorite trail. Happy Biking J