Staying well doesn't always mean maintaining a healthy weight or working out. Wellness can encompass a variety of things. Being well is crucial to well-being. Wellness = happiness! Here are 10 simple ways to stay well as you go into the new year.
1. Be physically active at least 30 minutes a day. Try dancing, hopscotch, rollerblading or racquetball for a unique take on traditional exercise.
2. Stay in touch with family and friends. Make an effort to write, text or call loved ones that you haven't spoken to in awhile.
3. Get involved in your community. Volunteer at a soup kitchen, donate old toys, shovel a neighbors drive, etc. The possibilities are endless.
4. Keep your curiosity alive. Lifelong learning is beneficial to your health! Download an app or brain buster and keep yourself engaged and ever-learning.
5. Maintain a positive attitude and do things that make you happy. Journal, meditate, pamper yourself. Do whatever you need to do to put a smile on your face.
6. Try a new food. Never liked Brussels? Try it prepared a new way or get out of your comfort zone by incorporating more fruits/veggies and less starches and processed foods.
7. Learn how to recognize and manage stress. We'll always have stressors, but acknowledging bad stress is a good thing. Deep breathing, meditation, exercise and a healthy diet always helps.
8. Get enough sleep! Aim for 7-8 hours a night of restful sleep to power down and revitalize so you can wake up refreshed and ready for the day.
9. Cut back on the sugar. Sugar lurks everywhere. Try your best to recognize sugar in ingredient lists and choose healthier options without sugar or artificial sweeteners.
10. Drink more water. Water helps move things around your body and flushes out toxins. Make a habit of drinking at least 64 oz. a day.
Comments will be approved before showing up.